Monday, June 18, 2012

York Woods: June 18, 2012

York Woods is off of York and Harger Rd, in Oak Brook IL. It's a small forest preserve, and only has one small trail- maybe 1 to 1.5 miles long, but adding in that it is about a mile from my work I got a good 2.85 miles out of it.

There isn't a sidewalk on part of the walk from work to the preserve on Harger road, so I would suggest driving and parking and the just looping the trail a few times if you're walking around rush hour (which I was).

The whole trail is part of the Salt Creek trail, even though you don't really see the creek here. It is paved and relatively flat, only one with a steeper hill, and if you go north and then east, you can make sure you are going downhill rather than up.

Not much in the way of wildlife- some birds and butterflies. I almost got a picture of a butterfly but my phone was too slow to load the camera.

All in all a beautiful walk not far from work, worth doing during a long lunch break, or after a stressful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment